Saturday, May 30, 2009

Time won't stand still...

No pictures with this post...sorry. I just can't take it anymore. My little baby is growing up! I am sure to all of you she looks like a baby, but she is getting bigger by the day and the last few days I have cried as I look at my sweet little munchkin develop into this amazing little person with her own beautiful personality. I finally understand the love my mother has and must of had for me. Brighton is truly amazing. She starting rolling from her tummy to her tender little back three weeks ago! She has held her head up from the day she was born and she has a strong personality. She is a little firecracker and I can only hope that her physical strength that she portrays will transfer over into her spiritual and emotional strength. She is the love of my life. Sometimes she smiles so big all you see are her pink taffy like gums and her cheeks get all round and I just want to eat 'em! Her hair is growing...and while it is growing steadily everywhere, she still has a big turkey tail at the crown of her head and very little up front...it is awesome! Her little screeches and screams have become louder and really high pitched and she is so silly. She has been sleeping in her own room in her big black crib for two weeks now...and not once has she cried when I put her in there and turn off the lights. She is an angel. My dear sweet angel that I somehow got lucky enough to get and I never want to let her go. So please, dear Brighton don't grow up too fast. Let me hold you a little while longer, let me stare at you for forever and let me love you for eternity my sweet little beauty queen...my princess....my all.

7 comments:

Nickell said...

I completely understand. Pregnancy seems to drag forever, and then once they're born it goes by so fast. My little guy just turned one and I hate it.

The Thompson Family said...

Now you understand why I am on number five...its the most amazing thing in the world, the love you have for your children is something you never knew was possible to have.

Tiffany said...

Hi. I came across your blog and thought I should comment. Congrats on your adorable little baby girl! We just had our little guy Feb 10th and I am getting sad seeing how fast he is growing up too! I told Shane that I don't know how long I would be able to wait to have another because I already miss the little little baby!!! BTW My husband went to highschool with your husband, he says hey!!Myabe we should get together some time! Oh email me your email so I can add you to our blog :) tibumb@hotmail.com

Alison said...

Annie,

I read your post this morning, after a long night with little sleep, taking care of my own new little sweetheart. Your post made me cry and made me think differently about these sleepless nights. There is a day that I will miss these sleep-deprived days, and I appreciate you putting it back into perspective for me.

Your little Brighton is so lucky to have you for her mommy!

Visit my blog to see pictures of Brooke. She's 2 weeks old! http://alisonferguson.blogspot.com

Kory said...

The good part is she'll start talking in a little while and you can hear what she has to say. That's what I'm the most excited about.

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Hey :) Thanks for your cute comment on my blog! To answer your question... yes, CF stands for Cystic Fibrosis. Anyway, your little girl is SO darling! She's lucky to have you as her mom! I hope all is well for you. We need to have one big Coug reunion!

Amy said...

She is so adorable! I was glad I got to see her in real life the other night.