Saturday, August 1, 2009

Recenty...

Hello friends out there...I recently received this email after previously sending an apology email and am not sure how to respond to it...would love your help. Here it is :


"All I am going to say is that I am upset about what you said. You have no right to say that Taylor and I are ungrateful for everything that has been done for us. We tell your Dad everyday how grateful we are while I am working at the family business so that your dad can pay for family fun and toys. Taylor's and my belief on issues that you have a problem with has been learned at the Ranch. Taylor and I are in recovery and we are doing well. but dealing with all of this family drama is making our recovery harder. And because of this, I am stepping back from this family. My recovery and my husband and son come first to me. What I believe and have learned at the Ranch has made it so that I am okay with not associating with your family. If you have a problem with how we believe things,you should bring it up with Chris at the Ranch. She is the one who has taught us about what things we should worry about and what things will just work itself out. I am loving my recovery as is Taylor and we are finally growing together as a family. We both talk to our Bishop and Stake President regurlarly and THEY are the ones who determine if we are worthy, you and your family do not determine if we are worthy of anything. So as of right now I will associate with your Dad and Mom who i love very much and appreciate, but I cannot associate with the rest of the family. Please do not contact me. I am finally over all of this."

Guess sorry isn't good enough....


6 comments:

Kika VilaNova said...

I would say... don't even respond to that! Whoever wrote you this email clearly doesn't know that you were being sincere in your apology and they seem to be a waste of your time. I think people with addictions and those too closely involved with them seem to think that the world goes around their belly button and it's all about them. Well, it isn't!

Be the bigger person and just let her be. One day she'll come around - hopefully - and she'll realize that she was wrong.

hugs!

Unknown said...

I agree...let them be. There are issues that are being resolved. Things will all work themselves out. I am also so tired of the drama they have created. I am just praying for a speedy recovery and for any hope of a relationship...I am willing to apologize for what I have done...and willing to forgive. I love that we are being ostracized and I have never done or said a thing. Drugs sure have done a number on this family.

Amy said...

Oh annie, Family drama is the worst! I totally relate. I think the best thing to do is just to let them be, and don't be around her either. Eventually, it will work itself out. I know you want to email her and say you apologized and she should accept that apology, but I think the best thing would be to just let her be the one to decide to do the forgiving. Forgiveness is up to her.

Selfish people are really hard to be around. REALLY. But don't waste anymore of your energy or time on it, because it is not worth it. You apologized now she needs to be the big person and learn to forgive you.

Kory said...

That's a hard line. It depends on the person. Granting them that space can also lead to years going by without being able to talk to your family. I guess the generic but true suggestion would be to pray about it, and be your sincere self. That's the best you can do.

Anonymous said...

Annie, You have done nothing wrong, People with addictions will not take respnsibility for their actions and tend to blame others for everything. Including their spouses.She is lashing out to you for her own remorse on not taking action with her husband's addiction before it went to far. She is the selfish one.You were just venting and trying to let those who u love so much realize whats going on. For her to say she is removing herself from the Family is purely immature on her part and she needs to get counseling on how to address the situation with Family matters more loving and appreciative. She is in denile and hurt over the fact she is in an addictive relationship and she has no control over it at all. She needs to pray and treat loved ones and friends with alittle more kindness because when it comes down to it and she really needs help..Family is who she will need to be by her side... Again you have done nothing wrong and dont feel bad because you were trying to get a point across that others were just trying to ignor..It should of been said a long time ago before it got this far...

Anonymous said...

These are hard line. . It depends on the person. Granting them that space can also lead to years going by without being able to talk to your famil

___________________
Vince
LaserShield Wireless Home Alarm Security Systems